Pages

08 August 2008

Wow - Food is Good...


So, of course, making a change from being a meat eater to being a non-meat eater is a pretty big change, especially after 30 years of eating meat.  I mean, who knows how it is going to affect your body, your way of thinking, your actions and reactions, your functions.  Who knows until you do it?

So, tonight I thought I was going to be in trouble food-wise.  A group of really great friends and I went to Toro Bravo for a close friend's birthday.  It's a tapas-style place.  I love tapas.  But I've only had tapas as a meat eater.  Never as a vegetarian.  As soon as I glanced at the menu I thought I was doomed - everything I've ever had tapas style has been bacon-wrapped this or meatball that.  Let me just say that not only was I pleasantly surprised but I am now home and I am SO stuffed I think I need to do TWO yoga sessions tomorrow morning to work all of this food off!

It was amazing.  It invoked thoughts of things from WAY back that I hadn't thought about in a (obviously) very long time.  The food was spectacular, the wine was intoxicating, the company was wonderful - I couldn't have asked for a better Friday night.  The end to a VERY long week!  Thank you T, R, B, R, S - you are all wonderful people and I had such a great time.

Thank you!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey Wendy - yeah, I got to explore a bit more when I went to that Indian wedding in Seattle. WOW - their food (Southern India) seemed to be more veggies and not really a whole lot of curry. There were a few spicy dished but overall it was delicious and so full of nutrients!! I was lucky - the entire spread was vegetarian! :o)

Thanks for the response!
-H.