Pages

26 August 2008

Yowza!


Okay, so has it REALLY been that long since I have taken a college course?  

Yeah - I guess it has.  And here is why:

Most of you know that I am starting back up to finish my degree that I started way back in 1994.  So, I am going to finish it online through Ashford University because they offer a great program called "Organizational Management" with a concentration in English.  No, it's not the English Lit degree I was striving for back in the day but it will definitely help me out in my current career path and then some!  AND it incorporates English!

So, my first class opened up early yesterday so I immediately got online and checked out what all we had to do.  Today is officially the first day and I already have 3 due dates for assignments for WEEK ONE.  Granted, these courses only run 5 weeks so I know they have to get a lot done during that time frame.  This is a good thing because I need my butt whipped into shape in more way than one!  It's just crazy because these chapters aren't short by any means and the print is SO small!  Okay, now I'm just whining......

So, there it is.  I probably won't have much of a social life now which is fine because that will save me lots of calories AND cash!  :o)  You know - so many people were telling me that online courses would be too easy and that I should opt to finish my degree by being in class in the seat but I have to say this is already much more of a challenge than I thought it would be which is great!!

Oh, for those who are interested this first course is PSY202 - Adult Development and Life Assessment which I guess is a standard intro course and I welcome that!

Here's to going back to school and finishing that almighty degree!  Wish me luck!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I looked at the cost per unit of their classes . . . are you getting a student loan for this? Well, I hope you do well, and enjoy. It sounds like a good program.

Heidi said...

Yes, it is a bit more expensive BUT it will totally be worth it as it is all at my fingertips here online AND I don't have to register for classes each and every time - it's all planned out for me!

Yes, I am getting loans. Luckily those are available.

So far, so good, Wendy - thanks!! I really like it!