Pages

29 May 2008

Changes


2008 has been an interesting year, to say the least. There have been quite a few changes in my life and in the lives of so many others so far and it is only May! An interesting thing - I was talking about this with someone a few months ago and about a month after we had this discussion we were talking about our friendship and how it had changed and how that made us both feel. It is interesting how certain individuals are brought into and out of our lives and why. Why were we friends for only 6 years and why did I feel that it was time to move on? A good friend of mine, Lucy Loew , once told me that friends are here for a reason, a season or for life. That will always stay with me and it makes complete sense.

It isn't for me to completely understand why things happen the way they do and in fact is probably good as I can't control everything and these kinds of "things" keep me in check. It also doesn't make sense to simply stay friends with someone just because or because you have already known each other for so long. If that person is no longer good for you or isn't a good influence then why stay friends with them? I have always struggled with saying goodbye in friendships - who wouldn't?

Anyway, there it is. Changes. They are happening and whether they be good, bad or what ever, there they are. And there they always will be.

No comments: