Pages

14 July 2008

Sometimes it's good to suck (get your mind out of the gutter!!)


It is really amazing how your body is different each and every day.  How what you eat and drink one day can affect you the next.  This has become more and more evident to me because of my Bikram yoga practice.  Especially since I'm in a room heated to about 105 degrees or so!  Oh, the things you feel!  :o)

I'm amazed how one day I can't seem to focus on anything other than how hot it is in the room, how I MUST wipe the sweat from my hands from my arms, how hot my stomach feels - and other days, like this morning, my practice feels effortless; like a dream.  As if I'm floating from one pose to the next and yes, with effort, but not to the degree of I feel like I am going to die.  I really enjoy how humbling practicing yoga is - especially Bikram yoga.  Amazingly, it is a great feeling when you suck in class because it grounds you; makes you aware of you and your body, your mind.

If you have never tried Bikram yoga I challenge you to give it a shot!  My boyfriend was a good sport and signed up for the introductory package (which at most studios is around $30 for one full month of unlimited yoga) and he went almost every time I did.  He stuck it out and agrees that it is very challenging but that it wasn't for him.  See how amazing you feel after 30 days.  During my intro package I went 19 out of the 30 days and felt AMAZING!  I still go around 4-5 times a week and really notice a difference in my awareness and am thankful for each and every time I make it to class and for the motivation of having a "yoga buddy" to push me to go when I would rather sleep in!  Thank you yoga buddy (you know who you are!!)

No comments: