Pages

03 July 2011

Crazy Bikram Yoga Rituals

There are so many pros to working out at home, as I'm discovering.  One of these, as my post's title suggests, is not having to do/deal with all of my crazy Bikram Yoga rituals that I think most Bikram yogis abide by.  They are numerous (feel free to add to my list!) and will sound crazy.....if interested, keep reading:

  1. Not eating anything at LEAST 2 hours prior to class
  2. Not drinking any more water at least 1 hour prior to class
  3. Never, not in a million years, use ANY kind of lotion as it will make you super slippery in class once you start sweating buckets
  4. Having to find an ice source (to keep your water cold throughout class) if you're going to class from work (luckily we had an ice machine) otherwise I'd have to stop at Starbucks before class
  5. Having to Sherpa around bags full of crap and clothes to change into OH and a change of shoes too because Lord knows you wouldn't want to leave class in your work shoes
  6. Sourcing and carrying around grocery bags with you to take your nasty, sweaty clothes home in
  7. Finding all kinds of crazy water additives to help sustain your (daily) practice
  8. Getting to class at least 30 minutes before it started so you can snag "your spot"
  9. Having a favorite water bottle for class and freaking out if you forgot it at home
  10. ???  I know I'm missing some.....this is all I can think of right now
I guess most of the "rituals" that I miss the least are the time-consuming ones....it's SO nice to wake up, throw on your workout clothes and shoes, walk downstairs, stretch, and do your workout and be done for the day.   Speaking of which, I'm running behind today with my Tracy Anderson workout, so off to the downstairs I go!  :)

No comments: