Pages

18 June 2008

Guys and Loud Music

Okay, so I've lived in Portland almost 10 years now and I don't think I have ever, EVER lived above anyone that hasn't been a single guy that LOVES to play his ghetto-thug music or his German Dance nnnn-ssttkkk, nnnn-ssttkkk, nnnn-ssttkkk music LOUD.  I maybe, just might have gotten a years reprieve when I lived on NW 21st and Kearney but all I know is it didn't last long.

So here we come to the year 2006.  I score a new place, the upper unit in a duplex, above the son of an old Manager of mine.  Awesome!  He's older - 39 or so?  I'm thinking, ahhh-yes.  Finally!  No young insecure guy (possibly gay - not that there's anything wrong with that) blaring his stupid ass music until one in the morning!  YES!!!!!!!

NO.

Ohh, boy, was I wrong.  Guys - how old do you have to be to finally realize that no one wants to listen to your stupidly BAD ghetto rap music (think Michael Bolton in Office Space) with the bass turned up all the way?!  Now, I know you're trying to impress the ladies and you bring them over and all that good stuff but seriously.  Turn the freaking music DOWN!  At least stop playing it by 9pm.  Now, don't think I haven't already asked him to try and keep it down because I'm an old lady and go to bed pretty early and that friggin' bass just keeps me up, because I have.  Yet it still happens and the bad thing is his living room is under my bedroom so when he's up, I'm up.  The flip side to that, just to be fair, is my living room is above his bedroom so when I'm listening/watching my obnoxious shows (i.e. So You Think You Can Dance) until 10pm with the volume turned up to 37, I guess I'm kind of doing the same thing.  But the thing is - this man does not own a pair of headphones and never sleeps.

And I do.

No comments: