Pages

17 June 2008

Vegas, Baby!


So, I spent a good part of today booking my ticket to Vegas in November right around Veterans' Day.  My good friend Sam invited me as he and a friend/co-worker are going and staying in her Mom's timeshare.  I'm pretty excited about it - bummed that Robert and I don't have any trips planned right now but that's understandable considering the circumstances.  Anyhow, I will be there for 5 nights which should be a blast and we'll probably go see a show or something.  I'm looking forward to the heat and Sam is always a lot of fun to spend time with.  He is low stress and lots of fun!  I guess that's why he also made a great roommate even if for only 6 months!

Trips are great.  It's nice to get away, enjoy some scenery different than boring old Portland, Oregon.  I'm sure Ahab won't be pleased.  Poor Ahab - I should take him on a trip some time to get him out of this stale, old house.  I've started taking Ahab outside while supervised.  I sit out on the main front porch and he just kind of wanders around, nervously at times, and sniffs things.  He's always loved to smell things.  I don't know why - do all cats do that?  I think my cat is definitely a "special" cat and he might possibly have some idiosyncrasies that are fairly unique.  Like pawing at plastic bags until I can't take it anymore!

1 comment:

Kittie Flyn said...

Vegas in November! You'll want sun by that point! :-)

Ahab outside? How cute!